Roulette is a casino game where players drop the ball into a spinning wheel with numbered holes. The players will need to guess and bet on what number hole the ball will be in as the wheel stops.
Roulette is more straightforward than casino games like Poker, Baccarat, or Blackjack. There are 36 numbers to choose from, with six black and six white, each correlating to a number on the roulette wheel. If you want to start playing roulette, you must first know more about the game better and figure out what strategy you must use to increase your chance of winning.
The Most popular roulette variants are American and European
The most common roulette games today are American and European roulette. American roulette wheels can be available in numerous online casinos as well as casinos throughout North America.
There are 38 numbers in American roulette, plus a 0 and a 00. When placing even-money wagers, these numbers serve as gaps that favor the house. Many European casinos as well as online casinos offer European roulette. There are 37 numbers in this game, plus a 0. There is no house-friendly 00, which is unquestionably advantageous to players.
The 2.70% house edge in European roulette makes it the game you want to play when given the choice between the two.
Roulette Offers Multiple Bets
You might notice roulette table as a confusing casino game when you first see it due to the wide array of bets available. However, you can make roulette easier by separating the bets from the inside and outside.
Inside wagers are those bets found inside the grid of the roulette number. Meanwhile, outside bets are those bets outside of the number grid. Below is more information about the different inside and outside wagers to better understand roulette betting:
- Straight (single): Bet on just one number to succeed. There is a 35:1 payoff.
- Split – Bet on two numbers that are either horizontally or vertically adjacent (e.g., 7 & 10). There is a 17:1 payoff.
- Street: Bet on 3 numbers in a row that are consecutive. Example numbers for this bet are 10, 11 & 12. The odds are 11:1.
- Corner (square): Betting on 4 numbers that cross at the corner. Some examples of this bet are 22,23,25,26. The odds for this bet are 8:1.
- 6 line (double street): Place a wager on two lines of six consecutive numbers. The payout of this bet is 5:1.
- Trio Bet: You will need to bet on three numbers, and at least one of these numbers should be a zero. The payout for the trio bet is 11:1.
- First four bets: In this type of inside bet, you must bet on 0-3. The odds of winning this bet are 8:1.
- The top line (basket): Bet on the unique American roulette combination of 0-00-1-2-3. The odds are 6:1.
- Speculate on a numerical range between 1-18 (low) and 19-36 as high or low (high). Expect a 1:1 payout for this bet.
- Choose whether you think the winning square will be red or black. There is a 1:1 payout for this kind of bet.
- Even or Odd: This is a straightforward roulette bet where you must guess if the winning number will be odd or even.
- Dozen Bet: If you want to go for this type of bet, you have to bet on any number between 1 and 12, 13 and 24, and 25 and 36. The Dozen bet on roulette has a payout of 2:1.
- Column Bet: With this bet, you will need to wager on the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd column of a number on the roulette. You can expect a payout of 2:1 for the column bet.
- Snake: Choose from 1, 5, 9, 12, 14, 16, 19, 23, 27, 30, 32, and 34 as your numbers to wager on (12 total numbers). The payout for this bet is 2:1.
You Can Choose from Multiple Versions
Roulette has four versions that players can choose from. You will be offered French, European, American, and even mini roulette when you play it. At first, it can be intimidating to choose which version you should choose.
The variations of roulette make the game exciting. If you get bored with one version, you can just easily play another version.
French Roulette is the Best Version of Roulette
French roulette is the best-paying version of casino roulette. This variation is played on a 37-pocket European wheel. Usually, French Roulette would provide a 97.3% RTP (36/37).
Strategy in Roulette is Straightforward
In regards to strategy, roulette is among the easiest table games. All you have to do is select the appropriate games and stick to the appropriate wagers.
The house advantages for every roulette game are listed below:
- French Roulette: House edge is 1.35%
- European Roulette: The house edge is 2.70%
- American Roulette: Has a house edge is 5.26%
- Mini Roulette: Offers a house edge is 3.85% or 7.69%
If you don’t reside in Europe, it can be difficult to discover French and European roulette in land-based casinos. Thankfully, you can play roulette online, no matter what version you prefer.
Start Familiarizing Yourself With Roulette Even More
To play roulette in an online or brick-and-mortar casino, you must first learn the game’s basics. By doing so, you will be able to make the most out of the game. So, start your research in this article and be more effective in betting on roulette games.